Perinatal Palliative Care: A guide to supporting families when a baby is at high risk of dying before or shortly after birth is a helpful and easy to read guide written for midwives, nurses, doctors, social workers, psychologists, counsellors, spiritual leaders, therapists and anyone who interacts with and provides care for pregnant mothers and families when the expected baby is likely to die before or soon after birth.
The book was created as a collaborative project with Bettercare whose materials are used widely by government and private hospitals, non-profit organisations and training institutions in South Africa and other countries and its publication was made possible through generous funding from The Discovery Fund.
The first of its kind on perinatal palliative care written for a South African audience, the book has been authored by an experienced multidisciplinary team of experts working within the field of children’s palliative care led by Sister Tracy Rawlins, a professional nurse and the Education and Training Manager at PatchSA.
Topics covered within the book include:
- Introduction to Perinatal Palliative Care
- Providing palliative care in the antenatal period
- Care and support during labour and immediately after delivery
- Care and support during the neonatal period.
To purchase the book
- Add to basket
- Click on the shopping trolley at the top right corner
- Proceed to checkout
Postage and packaging options
- R50 per book for Registered Mail
- R100 for up to 6 books via Aramex Store to Door Courier services